To keep your heat pump in optimum working condition, manufacturers recommend that your heat pump is serviced every 3-6 months.
A heat pump that is regularly maintained uses between 10-35% less energy than a non-serviced heat pump, saving you money on your monthly power bill.
Regular maintenance will also make your unit last longer, is better for your health and will help to avoid costly repairs in the future.
How regularly does my heat pump need maintenance?
This depends on the type of unit you have, the size of the space and how frequently you use your heat pump. To find out the recommended service period for your unit, talk to one of our qualified heat pump technicians.
Seachange Electrical offers a regular maintenance program for both homeowners and businesses. When your heat pump is due for regular maintenance, we will be in touch to book an appointment.
What is included with a regular heat pump service?
Our regular heat pump maintenance plan includes a full service of the indoor unit and the outdoor unit.
- Wash the heat pump filters and disinfect the coil to prevent bacteria buildup.
- Do a drain flush to check the drain is clear of debris.
- Check the fan wheel and motor for build up of dirt.
- Check electrical terminals, components and evaporator coils.
- Test the unit for noise and balance issues.
- Test the unit on hot/cool and record temperatures.
- Remove any weeds growing around the unit, or debris trapped underneath.
- Remove cover and check for any insect infestation or nests.
- Check electrical terminals for tightness.
- Check refrigerant gas levels.
- Check service valves and flare connections for leaks.
- Check the unit for any irregular noise or vibrations.
To take the hassle out of heat pump maintenance, give us a call on 0800 SEA AIR.