Heat Pump Installation
Heat pumps are the most efficient and cost-effective way to ensure your family stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
Apart from offering temperature control, heat pumps also reduce humidity inside your house and improve the air quality, giving you fresh, clean air all year round, with no excess buildup of moisture.
Heat pumps are also safer than regular heaters, give you more control over temperature levels and distribute the warm air throughout the whole room, not just next to the heater.
What size heat pump do I need?
Choosing the right model and size of heat pump is essential to finding the most effective solution for your home. Geographic location, building orientation, room size and levels of insulation are all factors to take into account when evaluating your needs.
Our fully-qualified heat pump installers will visit your home and give you an expert opinion on which heat pump is right for you. All quotes are free of charge and no obligation.
What brands of heat pumps do you offer?
Seachange Electrical installs all the major brands of heat pumps, direct from the suppliers. We cover all budgets and house sizes. All of the heat pumps we recommend are fully guaranteed and are designed to give you years of reliable, hassle-free service.
To discuss your heat pump needs, give us a call on 0800 SEA AIR.
Heat Pump Maintenance
To keep your heat pump in optimum working condition, manufacturers recommend that your heat pump is serviced every 3-6 months.
A heat pump that is regularly maintained uses between 10-35% less energy than a non-serviced heat pump, saving you money on your monthly power bill.
Regular maintenance will also make your unit last longer, is better for your health and will help to avoid costly repairs in the future.
How regularly does my heat pump need maintenance?
This depends on the type of unit you have, the size of the space and how frequently you use your heat pump. To find out the recommended service period for your unit, talk to one of our qualified heat pump technicians.
Seachange Electrical offers a regular maintenance program for both homeowners and businesses. When your heat pump is due for regular maintenance, we will be in touch to book an appointment.
What is included with a regular heat pump service?
Our regular heat pump maintenance plan includes a full service of the indoor unit and the outdoor unit.
- Wash the heat pump filters and disinfect the coil to prevent bacteria buildup.
- Do a drain flush to check the drain is clear of debris.
- Check the fan wheel and motor for build up of dirt.
- Check electrical terminals, components and evaporator coils.
- Test the unit for noise and balance issues.
- Test the unit on hot/cool and record temperatures.
- Remove any weeds growing around the unit, or debris trapped underneath.
- Remove cover and check for any insect infestation or nests.
- Check electrical terminals for tightness.
- Check refrigerant gas levels.
- Check service valves and flare connections for leaks.
- Check the unit for any irregular noise or vibrations.
To take the hassle out of heat pump maintenance, give us a call on 0800 SEA AIR.